January 31, 2010

It's Gone

I didn't make it to my appointment on time, but my hair is still gone.

Here is a before picture from about a month and a half ago.

Long and flowing


We spent some time pouring over books discussing different styles. I wanted something wash and go with a minimum of fuss. Something that would suit my natural curls. A style that would look good messy or sleek. A little above my shoulders, I don't think I look good with the short pixie look. She partitioned my hair off into five different pony tails so she could take 12 inches off on each side.

Here are the pony tails that were cut.


The cuts were made; there was no turning back.


They don't look like much laying there. It is hard to imagine that I was completely surrounded when I wore my hair down. We chatted as she cut and styled. I sat in her chair for over an hour as she fussed, measured and snipped at the back. The more she cut the less I talked. I finally couldn't take it anymore and asked her to stop with the back and to please do something with the front and sides. I kept wondering why I didn't wait for my normal stylist, another day or two wouldn't have killed me. She knows me, my hair, and the styles I like. I was willing to give this girl a chance though.

Finally she was done cutting and I was reserving judgment until I could see the final style. She grabbed her round brush and blow dryer and went to work. I told her that I was going to post pictures on my blog of before and after. She understood and said she would give me an easy cute style that while I might not do everyday, is good for when I want to do something a little different. Perfect.

A little mousse, okay I can handle that. A little wax, maybe not something I would do every day, but okay. A little pomade, this getting a bit much don't you think? I was going to have her take the after picture in the salon because it never looks the same once you put your coat on and drive home. Then she turned me around for the reveal.

I swear I could have submitted a picture to the Bumpits and they would have called me within seconds of receiving it. Problem was I didn't have anything in my hair to make it that damn poofy. Not the style I was looking for. I couldn't help fingering it, trying to push it down a little and immediately wanted to wash my hand. My hair felt gross!

Walk in the door and Hubby being the wonderful supportive hubby, told me that he liked it. I took off my coat and ran upstairs to wash the crap out of my hair. I had to see if I could style it into something a little more me. I felt much better when my hair was once again clean and I could stand to touch it again.

Hope you are ready, here is the after shot.



No, that is not a picture of my son. My reaction was OMFG!!!

My first reaction is that I hate it, it is way way shorter then I said she could. I am going to give it a few days before I really make a judgment though. Not that there is much I can do about it now. I might go in to have my normal stylist see if she can do anything to make the front and sides match the back a little more, but anything else will have to wait a while. I am going to be shocking people and myself for weeks to come either way.

Extra points to Hubby who keeps telling me how cute it looks, and how it shows off my beautiful bone structure. I know he is saying it because it is part of his hubby duties, but he says it and says it often, so he gets the extra credit.

1 comment:

  1. It's super duper cute from the back!! And I bet hubby's right that it's cute from the front too :)

    ReplyDelete