January 28, 2010

Randomness and Childishness

I swear my beast is possessed. Either that or it is trying to make me
think I am crazier then I really am. One of the three. It was 3- today
and half of my vents are blowing hot air and the other half are
blowing freezing cold. It has dual controls, and so I thought that
maybe the controls in the back were set to cold and it was somehow
over riding the front controls, so I turned the passenger side off.
Mess with the controls some more and suddenly that side is blowing hot
even though it is set in the middle. It is just messing with me now.
One minute hot, one minute cold. Kinda like me when I have PMS. Okay
that's it; the beast has PMS. Glad we figured that out.

In other randomness during my day, I appearantly work with a couple of
children. I have always had my suspicions, they were confirmed today.
One of my best girls took over some my accounts when another girl
left. I had concerns about putting her in the position because I
feared there would be personality conflicts with one of the ladies in
the credit department she would have to work closely with. They proved
me right.

Yesterday my girl went to credit department because she had a
question. There was a misunderstanding and both of them got upset.
These things happen, they both vented to me and I didn't worry about
it, I thought it would blow over. Today they were still holding a
grudge and each had a chip on their shoulder. There was another
misunderstanding and then they refused to talk to each other. They
would send someone else to ask the question. They were finding the
littlest thing to be upset about.

At one point my girl came over to ask about an account and then asked
me to go talk to the person in credit about it instead of asking her
damn self. I looked at her and asked 'Are we back in grade school? We
are playing the interpreter game?' She understood, but like a child
would, immediately blaimed the other person. They still weren't
talking to each other when I left for the night, we will see how
tomorrow goes.

In other childishness; I had my temp basically call me a liar because
he was trying to deny doing something. He tried to tattle on someone
else, but guess what? It was him. Our new system allows us to track
every movement they make in the system. He misapplied a check and then
denied doing it, even after I offered to show him how to check who
applied it. I told him yesterday to correct it and it was still out
there today. Late in the day he asked me about it again because he was
having problems, still denying that he ever touched the check in the
first place. He didn't deny that his name was on it, instead saying
that he knows systems like our and that things can be changed.
Really?! I swear I looked at him and said 'Yes, that's right. I am out
to get you.' Another example of how my sarcastic nature can get me
into trouble, but WTF is that!? I was just so stunned.

In looking into the problem he was having, I remembered there were a
couple of emails sent between him and I about the check. When he
worked it the first time I was working from home for the day and he
had problems so we discussed them in email. I will admit I got a
little bit of childish satisfaction in showing him the emails to prove
that I was right and he was wrong. They drove me to it though! It was
all their fault.
My final bit of randomness; since it is month end we are working even
longer hours in final push to get all the checks applied. I am not
ashamed to admit I am not above trying to bribe them and hype them up
on sugar to keep the after lunch sleepies away. I went to the store on
Tuesday and bought ice cream bars, more candy for my candy bowl and
twizzler pull and peels and strategically placed them around the
department. I held one of the bags of twizzlers back for later in the
week. I made the mistake of taunting another coworker with them and
opened the final bag. I remember now why I don't normally buy or eat
them. They are evil! I ate one and then couldn't stop. I refused to
share and then ate almost half the bag before realizing it. Evil I
tell you!

--
Sent from my mobile device

No comments:

Post a Comment