January 27, 2010

Tax Craziness

I looked at my W2 today and was shocked. I always start working on my
taxes before I actually get my W2 by estimating my gross income. I
have worked for the department for 8 years so know about how many
hours overtime I work each week. Multiply that by my overtime rate,
add that to my base rate, that is my estimated gross income. I have
never been off by more then $200.

Imagine my surprise when I looked at my W2 and it was over $5000 more
then I estimated. Where the hell did it go? I want it back! I looked
closer and saw my taxes withheld was off. Then I remembered. Those
months where I worked 70 to 80 hours a week and didn't really see a
difference in my bank account.

I feel a little better knowing I will get most of it back, but it
stinks that the government got to earn the interest on my money. Now I
can't wait till Hubby gets his W2 so I can file our taxes and get my
lovely refund.

--
Sent from my mobile device

1 comment:

  1. I would cry like a fat, happy baby if I found out i'd paid more taxes than I think I did!

    ReplyDelete