January 27, 2010

The Best Laid Plans

I should have listened to my horoscope on Saturday. It told me that it
was the perfect day to get my hair cut or revamp my wardrobe.

Instead of shopping like I planned, I worked. After I finished
working, Hubby and I had a night out since the kids were having a
sleep over at the cousins.

We went to dinner and then to a couple of bars. The first bar we had a
drink, and watched a set of one of his old bands. Talked to everyone
during their break and went to the bar\club in our town.

While talking to one of the bouncers, one of the bartenders came
bouncing up to Hubby with a drink and shots. It was Salsa night so we
settled at the bar and I got to meet some of Hubby's bar friends.

Couple of martinis and shots later while we were outside smoking with
Bouncy Bartender, I made a huge mistake. I mentioned that I wasn't
drunk. Bouncy Bartender took that as a challenge that it wasn't meant
to be. Nothing I said would get her to understand that.

I don't drink to get drunk. A little buzzed maybe, but not drunk. I
use alcohol as a way to occasionally relax a little, an aid to let go
of some of my inhibitions. Two martinis is normally my max. I grew up
in a family of alcoholics and that really is my greatest fear.

Back in the bar, Bouncy Bartender continued to pour shot after shot. I
was okay while she was pouring Bomb Pops, but when she started pouring
other types of shots, I was done.

Hubby told me the next day that at the club I had, 4 martinis, 6 or 7
Bomb Pops, 1 red bull and something shot, 1 shot of X vodka and
something else, and 3 what I was calling mouthwash shots. They were
cinnamon or something and about 150 proof.

Yeah I was bound to get sick with all that. I don't remember drinking
anything after the first mouthwash shot, but according to Hubby I
continued to knock them back.

Hubby did what he should have done the weekend before and took very
good care of me. We left the club at closing and he kept me up until
5:30 to make sure that I was okay because I was so sick.

He left at about 11:30 to get the kiddies and told me to just sleep.
He hung out with his brother and his parents who also came by to give
me time to recover. I crawled out of bed around two. I made myself get
in the shower and get moving even though it was the last thing I
wanted to do. I just wanted to sleep.

Dragged my ass to the salon to find that my stylist closed early. Damn
it, I really wanted to get my hair cut. Since I was already out of the
house and desperately needing a boost, I decided to try shopping.

While getting dressed the night before, I realized that I no longer
have a knock them on their ass outfit. You know, the going out with
the girls and gonna make all the boys drool outfit. I have lots of
clothes, but none that fall into that category or fit the way they
once did. I didn't find it while shopping, but did get two cute
shirts.

Hubby came home with the kids later that night and kept apologizing
for the night before. He felt bad that he let me drink that much, that
he didn't realize how drunk I was. Other then the end of the night
where I got sick, we had a really good night. I got to see the man I
first fell in love with, that has been in hiding lately. He reminded
me why I love him so much and despite everything, still think he is my
trophy husband.

--
Sent from my mobile device

No comments:

Post a Comment