January 31, 2010

Jammies and Coffee Make My World Spin

Yesterday was a lost day. You know those days where you are busy all
day but get nothing accomplished? Yeah, that was my day.

I swear I did like five loads of laundry, cooked a million times,
cleaned up toys time and time again, and dealt with tantrums. I look
around this morning and you can't tell I did anything yesterday. There
are still toys all over the place, laundry to be done, meals to cook,
tantrums to deal with. To add to that, I was so busy yesterday I never
got a chance to work or get my hair cut. So those two things will be
top of my list today. My salon opens at ten, and I have an appointment
to be there when they open.

Angel Cakes had a complete melt down last night because her 'absolute
favorite' jammies no longer fit. They haven't fit for over a year, but
last night it was the end of the world. She loves the 'slidey' type,
the one piece that have slipper feet and zip up. Her favorite ones are
pink and have little puppies on them. I promised that I would go to
the store today to look to see if they have them in her current size.
During the end of the conversation about jammies (after the promise to
buy new ones) she also asked if we could go see Aunt Baby Girl and her
baby. And when we go, can we stop at the coffee and doughnut place?
Can she get a cup of water and ice? And maybe see if they have the
little munchkins that she like? Oh, I can get a cup of coffee also. I
love how she added the coffee to justify the trip; she knows the way
to Mommy's heart.

I just want to throw in here that I know I coddle my kids. I know I
give in too easy sometimes, but don't care. I love that my kids will
come running to me through the day and ask to be picked up and know
that I will almost every time. They climb on my lap almost the minute
I sit down (after they ask of course) and then are gone again a few
seconds later. I love those little stolen hugs, kisses, and snuggles
through the day. That they feel secure in my love and know that I will
always be there when they need or want me is the most important thing
to me.

There is only a few short months for Angel Cakes and one year for
Buckaroo before I send them off to school and they will have to learn
that not everything turns out perfectly like in the movies. They will
have to cope with the little disappointments that can happen and I
want them to know I will always be there. That no matter what, they
can always come to me with their problems and I will always listen,
dry their tears, help them understand, and maybe find a better way. I
know that I won't be able to fix everything for them, but that isn't
going to stop me from trying. When I can do something as small as
looking for new jammies (which she needs anyway) I will do it every
time. There are enough times that I say no, so I rejoice in the times
I can say yes.

It's time to wake up Hubby so I can shower and get to my appointment
on time. Here's hoping things go the way they are supposed to and I
can post before and after pictures in a little while.

--
Sent from my mobile device

No comments:

Post a Comment