January 16, 2010

Sickness and Hating Hubby

Last night the kids had a three of their cousins over for a sleep
over. Yay right?

Nope. This morning Buckaroo started the party by puking.

I can handle this. Hubby is sleeping and the kids are hungry so I
start making breakfast. Then he pukes again.

Ok. Send Angel Cakes back upstairs to wake up daddy. Again.

Kids everywhere. Angel cakes tells me her stomach hurts. Yes, baby;
I'm making breakfast.

Clean up more puke. Go upstairs and wake up Hubby.

Wonderful. Angel Cakes starts puking.

Tell Hubby to call the cousins parents. I can't handle one kid puking
and one with it coming out both ends and three extra kids.

Yeah, why would I mind you telling them not coming to get their kids
for an hour and a half?

Don't mind me while I clean up and comfort the kids. You just
concentrate on the other kids.

Fast forward a couple of hours and too many bowls later and I start to
get sick.

Yes, I completely understand why you have to leave to pick up your
contacts. There is no reason to stay here while we are running a fever
and throwing up. You could not possibly pick them up another day.

Clean up again and again. Sleep for 45 blissful minutes before getting
woken up by a puking kid.

They have kept water down for an hour, so make some soup for dinner.

What the hell was I thinking? Of course your old band could not
possibly play tonight if you don't bring the drum riser and stay to
watch the show.

Go. Have a good time. I know; I am the lucky one. I get to stay home
and comfort the kids and clean up while we get sick.

--
Sent from my mobile device

2 comments:

  1. Oooh I was so mad at him just reading this! You better believe I'd be planning a big shopping trip ALONE next weekend after that!!

    Hope you feel better :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is very stupid, but I can't see the comment box from my Blackberry so I am sorry for the very late reply. I am finally feeling better!

    I was very upset (and still am) with his thoughtlessness.

    I had already planned to get my tresses cut this weekend and I think that excursion just might involve some new clothes as well. It was kinda in the back of my mind for the last couple of weeks, but agree that this would be a good time to act.

    ReplyDelete