January 26, 2010

Mini Update

Tonight was a later night then I was planning, but I am finally home
to snuggle Angel Cakes and she is already asleep.

My manager and I had a couple mini conversations about the job
openings the last two days.

I mentioned to her yesterday that I would like to meet with her next
week about the two openings she emailed me on Friday; that I have some
questions I would like to discuss with her. She responded with 'Okay.
It seems like everything I'm trying to do with you is on hold anyway.
They aren't responding to me.' I have a few guesses who 'they' are,
but don't know for certain. This lead me to think she still is trying
to get the System Admin position for me.

Today, she asked to speak with me and when we got into the conference
room she was asking about my work history. How long I had been with
the department vs my time with Customer Service for the company. Where
I worked before our company. What were my positions. Just basic info,
no real details. Her parting comment to my 'I can dig up my resume
that I updated a couple years ago., was that she might have a copy
somewhere. That she thought she had a week and a half to get this
information together, but now she has a meeting in ten minutes.'
Little while later she said her meeting with the Senior VP and
Treasurer was interupted.

I have no real information, just scraps gathered here and there so I
am still am unsure. Any of the positions I am considering, I need the
approval from the same people. I do feel good that she has at least
started a conversation with these people about me and my career
though. I also let her know that I at least am interested in learning
more about these other positions so she has all the facts to make her
decision and to strengthen her arguement either way.

And since I failed to post my weekend update yet, a mini update on that also.

I didn't get my hair cut yet. I will this weekend though. Between my
shopping on Sunday and yesterday, I bought a new cream colored sweater
that is perfect for leaving at work for when I get cold, or can use to
accentuate an outfit. I also got a beautiful pink and white pinstripe
shirt. I absolutely love pink and my love of pinstripe almost reaches
fetish level.

Yesterday, I scored two new pairs of shoes. One pair of black suede
Mary Janes with patent leather straps and the other suede and patent
leather lace up ankle boots. They kind of remind me of mens dress
shoes, but with a three inch heel. Both of them were on clearance! I
would have paid full price, but love them more because I didn't. Not a
whole new wardrobe, but a good start.

It seems what started as a mini update has turned into a full post. I
will continue to work on my post from the weekend and try to get it
posted tomorrow morning.

--
Sent from my mobile device

1 comment:

  1. Hanging in limbo waiting for something to happen is the worst. And they always take for-frickin-ever to decide on things like this in corporate america, it seems.

    The pink pinstripe shirt sounds lovely! I want one!

    ReplyDelete