February 27, 2010

Never Alone

The only time I have with my thoughts is when I am in the car making
the million mile drive to or from work. Any other time involves being
followed, hearing my name shouted, anwsering all sorts of questions,
or trying to run away, which leads us right back to the followed. I
once thought in my post partium induced delerium that I thought I
would find a small measure of peace and quiet time at work. Just an
another example of what all those happy hormones can do to you.

I also had grand delusions about being alone in the bathroom at some
point again. I have come to understand this will never happen again.
You leave those days behind the moment you give birth. Not even at
work is this possible. They either follow me into the bathroom or come
in and call my name to track me down. Yes, this really is a corporate
office. If I happen to be working from home for the day and everyone
is either at work or Daycare; the damn cat will follow me in to whine
at me while I have no choice but to be a captive audience. This is my
lot in life and I have come to accept it for the most part.

Was I surprised when Buckaroo came trailing into the master bath when
I was getting ready to take a shower? No, this is part of that
acceptance I was talking about. I just went about my business while he
dragged all the pillows off my bed and ran to get his blanket so he
could be comfortable as he waited between the tub and the shower for
me to finish. I had just stepped into the shower when I heard 'Mom,
it's taking a long time.' I just laughed as I stepped under the spray.

Buckaroo was done waiting in his nest of pillows and blankets so went
off to get the toys from his bathtub to play with in mine. We had
little converstions as he ran in and out bring all his toys. Once all
the toys were in my tub he wanted a bath. I told him over the curtain
that he would get a bath in his tub when I was done with mine. More
little snips of conversation as he had to run in and out again while
bringing all his toys back to his bathroom.

I was putting the conditioner in my hair when Angel Cakes had to join
the party to tell me brother broke something glass in their sink. I
told her to tell Daddy who was downstairs about this recent
development since I was in the shower. Out she runs calling for Daddy.
A few minutes later Hubby comes in to tell me that Buckaroo broke the
porcelain cup to my dragonfly bathroom set. Why it was in the kids
bathroom is beyond me, but is is now broken. Wonderful! Wash my face
and I am finally done with my shower. Angel Cakes hands me my towel
and I get out. That was a long twenty minutes.

--
Sent from my mobile device

No comments:

Post a Comment