February 22, 2010

It's Potty Time

We don't have the over or under fight in my house anymore. Instead you
hear phrases like 'Bring toilet paper with you.' This is one of the
most commonly heard phrases around my house followed closely with
'Mom, Can you bring me some toilet paper please?'

No, we don't expect people to bring toilet paper when they come visit.
We are more then happy to supply it. We just don't keep toilet paper
in the bathroom anymore. After walking into the bathroom to an
overflowing toilet more times then I care to remember in the last
three months, this is what we resort to. My house is only 4 years old
and it has had enough toilet paper shoved down its drain for 50 years.
I only wish I was kidding. I couldn't understand why I was having to
buy a 12 pack of toilet paper every two weeks. There are only four of
us, we are gone most of the week, how do we go through so much toilet
paper? My kids think it takes half a roll of toilet paper to get clean
after going pee.

What upsets me so much is they just keep doing it and don't tell me.
They just keep trying to flush the toilet and I am only alerted to the
problem when I see the water on the floor heading to the hallway. So
now if they go to the bathroom they have to ask for toilet paper. I
HATE it!!!! My kids are too smart and too old for this, but we are at
our wits end. We have tried talking to them, putting them in the
naughty corner, taking away toys, and even tried having me standing in
there to make sure they don't use too much. Everything will be fine
for a few days or maybe a week, and we think we are past it, and then
it happens again.

There is just something about waking up in the middle of the night
when you really have to pee and finding the toilet full of water and
ready to overflow to start your day. Thankfully we have two other
bathrooms that haven't experianced this phenomenon. We know we are
going to have to bring a plumber in just to make sure there are no
clogs in the drain even if we don't have any more overflowing toilets
for the next year, but I would prefer it not to be an emergency call.

Don't worry, we intend on having the plumber out real soon so you
don't have to worry that if you flush it might overflow, and we put
toilet paper in the bathrooms when we have company so if you visit you
won't have to beg for toilet paper before you go. Unless you are my
sister in law who flooded my toilet in my apartment almost 8 years
ago; you, I still don't trust.

--
Sent from my mobile device

No comments:

Post a Comment